Tuesday, February 16, 2010

President's Day is for Lover's Weekend

This three day weekend included the Hallmark Holiday... Valentine's Day. So, I decided to pick up a couple dozen flowers for Jan (Yes I got them from Costco... So what, they're still flowers). Then we talked about what we wanted to do this Valentine's day. The original plan was to go out and buy some lobster to cook at home. Then I had an idea. I asked her what she thought about going to this lobster joint in Little Saigon. She was sold. She agreed that their lobster is much tastier than the american style of boiling one and eating it with drawn butter.

We decided to go at lunch time to avoid any evening crowds. Even got to wear my new Oakley Frogskins in the Root Beer Color with Polarized lenses... Thanks Jer!!!

This has to be our favorite lobster!!! It's just like the ones we had at our wedding.

You can find the details at The Unfoodie.

So Tasty...

It didn't last long.

Little did we know that you are suppose to mix the remaining sauce and lobster roe with the rice. To think we were gonna just throw it all out. Nothing more romantic than some Chinese/Vietnamese style lobster.

On President's Day, we decided to meet with our buddy LAPD's own Ryan Mar. He wanted to take us to a Los Angeles classic... Philippe's in Downtown.

This time I wore the Oakley x Grenade (some snowboarding company) collaboration Frogskins... Thanks again Jer!!!

We always heard that this place had incredibly long lines. Lucky for us, we showed up at an odd time (about 3:00pm). We waited about 15 minutes.

They claim to have invented the french dip. I'm not sure how true that is.

In any case, the food was really tasty (go to The Unfoodie for details).

Just be careful with that infamous mustard. I think it's really just a bottle of horseradish with a hint of mustard. As you can see here, Jan made the mistake of putting a little too much on her plate.

After our late lunch, Ryan wasn't done yet.

He took us out to Hollywood for some dessert (this was after the slice of apple pie at Philippe's) at a bakery called Susina.

This wasn't what I was expecting to see when I think of cop hangout.
We picked up a few desserts and coffee (again, go to The Unfoodie).

Apparently many of LA's finest really enjoy the coffee here.

Jan really enjoyed her decaf mocha.

Till next time kids... Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment