Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Holidays (2009)

Our holidays started a little early this year. We went to our home away from home on Tuesday for the Lakers vs Oklahoma City game.

I decided to break out the "4 Rings" Zoom Kobe IV's at the game.

Yes, we are Laker fans, but this guy is just awesome. I wonder if he'll be the superstar of the league after the Kobe era.

14 years, and these guys are still our backcourt. Gotta love it.

We're pretty far away, but trust me... That's the Black Mamba going for the jam.

Ah yes... yet another Laker victory. Look closely at the scoreboard... Christmas Day... Lebron comes to town. Guess who will be in the building for that game.

Just in case you can't see it... here's a close up.

On Christmas Eve, we went to Temecula to be with Jan's side of the family.

All the nieces & nephews were in the house.

We even got a little karaoke on.

From the looks of things, you'd think these kids don't get anything all year.

Then Christmas Day came upon us...
Jan and I exchanged gifts.

Oddly enough, we got each other Nike stuff (Thanks Iwy).

Then we headed to mom's house to give the twins their gifts. We gave TJ a Nike bag and Mikey a Mac Tonight T-Shirt (he asked for one on facebook). I bet you he had no idea he'd actually get one.

Then it was time to put on my Christmas Edition Zoom Kobe IV's and head off to our home away for home. Yep, twice in the same week (thanks Pops).

I coulda swore that last year's ticket had Farmar on it as well.

Here's the infamous Nike Puppet Foam Fingers that they gave away.

These later ended up on the court.
(Not sure why this video ended up backwards... Oh well)

Mikey and Kevin hit the food and booze once we got settled in.

Merry Christmas Mamba. It might have helped if you took less shots and got the other guys involved. Just because you're having an off game doesn't mean the entire team feels the same. At around the 3rd quarter, I glanced at the scoreboard and it said that Kobe was 9 for 26 from the field... yikes.

As you can see, Kevin wasn't very merry at this point.

We're just glad to be in the building... VIP style doesn't hurt either.

We could have built a house with all the bricks that were thrown up today.

I wonder if the Cavs get tacos after this one.

After the game, we headed back to the BP for our family party.
After hearing some of the heckling about the game when we arrived, the games began...

Grandma watched intently as we played these games. It was grandpa's tradition that we'll carry on for generations to come.

Then we went through our annual gift exchange. I had Matt our little supermodel. I can still say little because he hasn't quite surpassed me in height.

The idea was for everyone to leave the room when Tita Tess went up. Unfortunately, Tito Art thought it was a great kodak moment.

We gave dad his new Tommy Bahama shirt. He would have gotten it earlier, but for some reason, he wasn't home in the morning.

After the adults finished the gift exchange, the kids got their gifts. I'm not sure why the adults go before the kids. If I were them, I'd complain.
We got Noah started on his Jordan ways. I'm not too excited about the future of the Jordan line... Fortunately, they've started making kids sized Kobe's again. We'll see how it goes next year.

We got Kayla a new pair of pink dunks.

You would think that we'd get Meg some shoes too. The problem is that her parents are Adidas fans. I can't do it. So, I went the Dora the Explorer route. It was an even bigger hit than I thought.

We finished up the night taking our Team Red family pictures.

We've got tons of cousins. Looks like we've covered every possible shade of red.

The day after Christmas, Jan & I decided to take it easy. We just stayed home and played RockBand 2. Mikey came down with Ninoy & Amelia on a surprise visit. Good thing they were up for joining our band.

Our band name is "Ninoy".

On the 27th was the twins' 29th birthday. So, we all went to Chomps in Fullerton for some teppan action.

As you can see, our teppan chef wasn't quite Japanese. He was cool though.

He had everyone catching food in the air like some dolphins at Sea World.

No, Mikey & I did not plan on wearing Pacquiao shirts at the same time.

Here's our family picture after dinner. It looks hazy because some people were smoking outside the restaurant.

The next day we met up with Jan's brother & family at Knott's Berry Farm for dinner.

They brought the boys (Chris & Jonathan) and their friend Michael.

This dinner is a Knott's Berry Farm Classic. They've been serving this since even before the park was built. Not much has changed since then. You get a soup, salad, biscuits, vegetable, mashed potatoes, 4 pieces of chicken, and a slice of pie... all for $15. If you ever go to Knott's, make sure to get the berry punch (they serve it all over the park). Jan plans on mixing some with vodka after Avery is born.

Here's a cool backdrop that Jonathan and I found in the Christmas shop next door.... Brrrr.

Jan decided to relax a little while everyone checked out the discounted Christmas ornaments.

This New Year's Eve was pretty much like every year. I really don't like going out on NYE. It makes no sense to me to pay double or triple entrance fees to clubs or bars. So, I prefer to just stay home. This time, we went right back to playing RockBand.

We actually played a couple songs, then took a glance at the clock. It was 4 minutes after midnight. Not to worry. We just rewinded the countdown a few minutes on the DVR and everything was fine (after all... it wasn't after midnight everywhere... Hawaii still had a few hours).

Per my mom's tradition, we walked around the entire house shaking a bottle full of change. It supposedly brings good luck.

Later that day, we headed over to Iwy's place for dinner. Matthew and I decided to watch the Laker game.


It was a relaxing evening in my Lobster Socks (from Maine).

It got pretty late. As you can see, my pops fell asleep during the game. Matt made sure his Grey Goose didn't go to waste.

Oh yeah, Lakers won... Kobe hit the game winning three in front of the Sacramento bench... suckers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment