Sunday, November 8, 2009

David Beckham, Manny Pacquiao, Kobe... I Love LA

It was a busy weekend. First, I stopped by to wish Beckham & the Galaxy good luck on their upcoming playoff game vs Chivas.

I also got him to sign my jersey (of course).

Then we were off to Hollywood. Nike Sportswear put together an event for Manny Pacquiao.

It was called "Under the Hood with Manny Pacquiao". The idea was basically a short question & answer session with the champ just before he takes off for Vegas.

The Montalban Theater was all decked out in Manny gear. Unfortunately, the shoes don't come out till sometime during the week. Only if I were a student again (with the super flexible schedule).

They were even selling the "Pound for Pound" hoody for $72. Only difference between the hoody at the event and the one in stores is the Manny screenprint on the front. I couldn't convince myself to pay that much for one. Especially since my cousin can get me one (minus the screenprint) for $44.

Manny, Buboy Fernandez, Freddie Roach, and Alex Ariza made up the panel.

They were interviewed by Quddus (former MTV TRL host).

People got to ask questions via Twitter. I don't think he really completely answered any of the questions. He probably didn't really understand any of them. It's okay Manny. Just whip Cotto's butt. That's your only job right now.

At the end of the show (it was under an hour), they brought out Melissa R to perform Lahing Pinoy (Manny's song). I had to google her to find out she was the Filipino chick that was a contestant to become a new Pussycat Dolls member.

The funny thing was that they let Manny hold on to his microphone during this "serenade". So Manny decided to sing along. But, he basically took over and she looked like she just watched him sing.

After the show, we ran into Nike Pro Skater Paul Rodriguez (P-Rod).

Outside the theater they had the AW77 Hoody customization truck.
AW77 stands for "Athletics West 1977". It is the first Track Club in the US sponsored by Nike.

Sunday, we headed back out to our home away from home... Staples Center!!!
It's the Lakers vs the Hrrrrnets.

My dad was able to score us the VIP suite again.
It comes with free parking, free food...

Free Booze (and non-alcoholic stuff for pregnant people like Jan)...

and even your choice on the dessert cart!!!

As you can see we got in about an hour and a half too early. So, we just watched a few guys go throught their shootaround routines.

This time, pops was able to get all of us tickets!!!

I broke out my Pau Gasol Hypermaxes in hopes that he would finally get to play this season.

But, he and Andrew Bynum were scratched from the line up tonight.

So we had to see if the Hornets could handle "Banging with Mbenga".

The first play of the game was a steal by Kobe who finished with a go ahead dunk.

The 2010 Laker Girls did a routine to "I'm a Believer" as sung by Donkey from Shrek.

I picked up a little something for our future Laker Fan who will be making their debut in April.

Kobe was on fire. Devin Brown couldn't contain him. It was like Kobe was just toying with him.

The Lakers blew this game so wide open that even Adam Morrison got in on the action.

It was a blowout. I guess that trade of Chandler for Okafor wasn't such a great idea.

And since the Nawlins Hrrrnets couldn't break 100 points and the Lakers won... every one got...


Till next time kids... Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment