Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Day I Hit the Triple Double

I hit the triple double today... 32 years old!!! The plan was to get my free ticket to Disneyland.

Luckily our friend Jaime got us free parking and admission (park hopper tickets) to the park.

The Mad Hatter & Alice welcomed us to the park.

Here's a little clip of us wandering through Main Street. Can you see the part where I almost fall off the curb and kill myself?

There's only two things I must have whenever we visit the Magical Kingdom.
#1: Turkey Leg

and #2: Dole Whip

We went on a few Pregnant Mother Friendly rides including the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion.

We also went on the Monsters, Inc. ride and watched the Aladdin Spectacular in California Adventure. It was a good Disney Birthday... But, we weren't done yet!!!

After Disneyland, we headed over to John Wayne Airport and just two hours later we found ourselves in the Mile-High City.

I saw this sign in the men's room at the Denver Airport...
WTF!?!

Erwin came along for this leg of my Birthday Spectacular. Since, we got to Denver too late... we just called it a night.

The next day, we headed out to downtown Denver. We checked out Niketown Denver (duh), and Larimer Square.

That evening we headed out back to our pal Sarah's place.

She was kind enough to let us stay with her

and Penny.

As the night went on... It continued to snow!!! Nuts, right?
But, we got on the Light Rail and headed downtown.

Then we invaded the Pepsi Center... Silly Thuggets Dancers... I'm wearing a Laker Championship shirt!!! The Lake Show sells out every arena in the league. Denver was no exception.

Here's our view from our seats. We sat behind the basket on the Lakers Bench side.
I tried getting Ron Artest's Autograph as he left shootaround. He was in a rush, but gave me a dap. Oh well.

These seats would probably cost us triple in the Staples Center.

Gotta love Denver and their Footlong Brats!!!

Unlike our gym, the fans in Denver actually show up on time. That was impressive.

They gave us free towels at the game.

They played this Jack Nicholson South Park video before the tip-off.

It was interesting how they introduce the visiting Lakers with Kobe going first.

Kobe tried his best tonight, but the odds were stacked against them during the back end of this back-to-back.

Phil Jackson pulled all the starters from the game early in the 4th quarter. So, we ended up getting blown out. Why did it have to be while we were in the building? They better take revenge in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Melo and the Nuggets (most of them anyway). They're probably a piece or two away from being a real contender. One thing I would suggest is to take down those Division Champ Banners. Come to Staples Center to see what I mean. We only hang World Championship Banners in our gym.

Saturday morning, Sarah took us to Lucile's for a Creole breakfast.

There's nothing like starting off a meal with some beignets.

I went with the Pain Perdu which was baguette french toast with an egg, fruit, and a Louisiana hotlink.

Then we walked around some neighborhood called Cherry Creek. Sarah showed us this really cool toy store. It was kinda like Puzzle Zoo back in Santa Monica.

I picked up a new wallet... a BACON wallet. Bacon makes everything better.

Then we went back to the D Bar. This is the Dessert Bar created by Food Network Chef Keegan Gerhard.

I went with the Cake & Shake... A really moist chocolate cake and a chocolate shake (I actually went with a chocolate malt).

Later that night, we headed to the Fox and Hound.

After choking on the $20 (per person) cover charge... we waited for the Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto fight.

We invited my old friend from high school. I haven't seen Tania since we were sophmores at St. Anthony's in Long Beach. On second thought, I ran into her once when I was still working as a ride operator at Knott's Berry Farm. She was a guest riding on the Dragon Swing.

We turned her into a Pacman Fan. Maybe she'll join us in Cali for his next fight.
After Manny whooped Cotto and earned his 7th title...

We walked out to the parking lot to find this. Our cars were covered in snow... It was awesome!!!

I started throwing snow in the air like Lebron throwing chalk before a game... Sarah and Jan were not impressed.

What are these kids from the LBC to do in this situation? Luckily Sarah had this scraper thingy and we were able to clear off the windows and lights on the cars. As you can see, Tania rolls around in a tank.

I actually made use of these Nike Wildedge sneakers in elements they were designed for.

This was also one of the very few times you'd see Jan & I rocking gloves (or monkeys).

Luckily we all made it safely back to our respective homes.

On Sunday, we woke up pretty late. So, Sarah took us to the White Chocolate Grill for some Brunch.

They sat us in the Bar section of the restaurant. They obviously don't worry about earthquakes.

I went with the Filet Mignon Eggs Benedict. The Bearnaise sauce was a little different. I believe it was a "steak sauce" bearnaise. Whatever it was, it was good enough to last me through the entire day.

Another oldie but goodie was playing while we were having dessert.

Due to the snow, we opted for a Super Shuttle rather than having Sarah drive back & forth to the airport.

All in all, it was a great birthday trip (other than that dang Laker loss).

Thanks again Sarah & Penny for being such great hosts.

Till next time kids... Peace Out.

P.S. Watch out Mayweather... Manny's got you in his cross-hairs.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Recap! I had a blast...sorry for my cranky butt:) I'll be more relaxed next time you see me...hopefully in CALI:) ~SARAH and PENNY:)

    ReplyDelete