While at the park, we got to spend some time with my niece Kayla. She's developed this no nonsense attitude just like her mom. That reminds me, I need to plan what kicks I'll be getting her this year. I buy her a new pair of nikes every year... I know... I'm awesome.
Kayla also has a new baby brother... my nephew Noah. This kid is going to be huge. He's rock solid. Kevin & I decided to have a little fun with our little nephew.
We decided to re-inact a scene from the movie, The Hangover. "Not at the table Noah!!!"
Then we were off to San Juan Capistrano to support Jan's nephews in their soccer tournament. Little Jonathan had the early match.
His brother Chris had the later match.
They didn't win their games today, but there's always next time. Next weekend to be exact. They've got another tournament in the OC. If this isn't spontaneous, I don't know what is. Since we hardly see these kids, I asked them if they wanted to stay over with us. Then we'd take them to Universal Studios. Geesh, I wish I had an aunt & uncle like us.
Before we could go home, there was one more stop. Jan's youngest niece Trinity was having her 3rd birthday.
Her newest nephew Matthew was in the house as well. This kid is only 1 but is as strong as a bull. What are they putting in these baby formulas these days?
Trinity had a great time. I love this kid. She's always ready to ham it up for the camera.
So, this is how the rest of evening went down.
We picked up Chris and Jonathan and took them to see the G.I. Joe movie. To be honest, I was expecting worse. I used to watch the cartoon as a kid, so I wasn't really sure about those weird super suits. But, the kids' fight scene and the cat fight really made it awesome. The two little guys loved it. Jonathan kept saluting us like Snake Eyes all weekend.
After the movie, I decided to buy FIFA Soccer 2009 for my PS3. I figured we could play that game together all night. We did. It was a lot of fun. All three of us would play on Manchester United together. Good times.
The next morning we were off to Universal Studios, as promised. Good thing I have an aunt that works there. Gotta love that employee discount on the tickets.
We decided to splurge just a little, and treated the guys to Tony Roma's in CityWalk. Could you believe this 80 lbs kid was able to polish off a rack of baby backs? Impressive.
The younger one decided to get adventurous. He asked us to buy him some chocolate covered crickets and larva. He didn't hesitate... he ate them all. He even asked us to buy him some more. Luckily, his older brother said he'd find some bugs for him when the got back home.
They had a great time cruising the park and CityWalk.
Here's Chris' Kanye West impression.
We pretty much saw all the fun stuff. Terminator show, Waterworld, Simpsons Ride, Tram Tour, Jurassic Park, Backdraft... and on and on.
Their favorite of the day... the Mummy ride. We ended up going on it three times. We would have gone on a few more times, but it was closing time.
What other adventures will we conjure up for all these nieces & nephews in the future?
Stay tuned.
Till next time... Peace out.

No comments:
Post a Comment