Wednesday, June 3, 2009

San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon 2009

Over the weekend, Jan ran the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon.
It started from Balboa Park at around 6:30am. Which meant we had to be there around 5:00am. Good times.
As she ran around the town, I got really familiar with San Diego's Trolley System. How about having a line run near Balboa Park... geesh.
I managed to beat her to the 13.1 Mile Marker. That's the half-way point.


I'm not sure how she's smiling. I sure as hell wouldn't be smiling after running 2 miles, let alone 13.1 miles. Keep on going my little Kenyamese wife!!!
The finish line was at the Marine Corps Recruiting Center.

She finished at:

That's pretty amazing. It would take me a few days to cover 26.2 miles by foot.
There were some cool tanks and helicopters at the base. Oakley even brought in their heavy artillery.

Run 26.2 miles and you too can get one of these nifty medals.


After the race, we had lunch at an Australian Bar in the Gaslamp Quarter. The place is called Bondi, and I wrote up a review on The Unfoodie.



Till next time kids...
Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment