They are new to Cali, so this would be their first time up north. Hella cool, right? Its too bad Jan & I didn't have enough time to show them how to ghostride the whip or how to get hyphy. Maybe next time.
During our drive up, we stopped by Murray's Family Farm. We managed to get some cherries and strawberries for dirt cheap.
Then we made our way to Cupertino (near San Jose) to check out my buddy's restaurant The Red Crane. I put up a full review on The Unfoodie.
But let me tell you, you gotta have the short ribs. Hot damn, they're good.
Good job Royce. We're truly proud of you.
The next day, we began our tour of "The City". I'm not sure why we (SoCal folks) don't call LA "The City". Weirdo Northerners. Anyway, there's one thing this town has that's better than LA and that's the public transportation system. We managed to travere the city without ever using the car.
We started our journey at the Golden Gate Bridge. Would you believe it was my first time actually setting foot on that thing? Believe it. During this weekend, the Western Conference Finals were in full swing. So, I had to show my support in Golden State Warriors territory.
Damn... it was cold and windy on that bridge!!!
It's a good thing I left my missile at home. It would have made my pocket too bulky anyway.

Next stop was the Exploratorium. The same place where John Mason met his daughter years ago. We proceeded to take cheezy engagement like photos.
Then we went on to the Japanese Tea Garden. Another tourist attraction in the Ko-Bay Area.
They actually serve you real tea in the tea garden.
While in the park (Golden Gate Park), we found a yo-yo competition. I was only able to watch a couple minutes before it started to feel a little too geeky.
So, we took some more geeky pictures.
Sarah did some KoBay Area research and read about a place called Alamo Square and the painted ladies. The broads just behind us.
Then we headed off to Ghirardelli Square and stumbled upon Kara's Cupcakes. It ain't Sprinkles, but it'll do.
We met with Sai's old classmate (I just can't remember her name). She insisted on driving all of us in her Sentra. So, she had to ditch this poor plant in the parking garage. She gave her final goodbyes to it.
We all had dinner at DeLucci's in North Beach. We really had no dinner plans, so we went with whatever looked nice. The food was decent. Not Unfoodie Blog worthy though. The manager recommended this scallop dish. Not sure how I feel about practically burned scallops (well, the tops were anyway).
The next day we headed to Vino Country.
Sterling Vineyards was recommended by our concierge. Good call buddy.
I'm all about Sky Bucket rides.
Here's their room full of barrels.
Next up was the Castle.
A ye old castle in Cali, who woulda thought?
Look at the camera dammit... silly lamb.
You like how I've got a bottle of booze in a brown paper bag? Ghetto!!!
That night, we went to Kuleto's in Union Square. We met up with Jan's old friend Kristine and her husband (and fellow sneaker aficionado) Dennis. I can't believe Chicago was over five years ago. The food here was pretty damn good too. Again, not Unfoodie blog worthy since its owned by McCormick & Schmick's, so there's all kinds of reviews out there.
After dinner we hit up the bar in our hotel. The Clock Bar is owned by famed chef Michael Mina. So you know its booshie.
Sai has this thing about letting servers decide his orders for him. So he ended up with a chick drink. But, being that we are in SF, it's probably not uncommon to see dudes with chick drinks.
Our last day in the Bay, we met up with my old classmate... from grade school. We knew each other from 1st through 8th grade. But, haven't seen each other since. First thing I realized, she was taller than me back then... and still is. Ugh. It was good seeing you Tran!!! We'll definitely come back to hang out again soon.
We met up with her in the Castro District. So we saw signs like this.
After brunch, we packed back up in the Green Beast and headed home.
Everyone got to sleep most of the way home...
Except the driver... This is BullSh**!!!
I got my MPG!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment