Sunday, July 12, 2009

Little Lauren's Day

It was a pretty busy day today. Jan promised to get our niece Lauren's ears pierced for her birthday (which happens to be next week). I guess we planned to get this done this weekend to avoid any conflicts with her birthday party.

So, first stop was the mall to get the piercing. You could tell she was nervous. She looked like she wanted to cry, but the procedure was so fast... She didn't get a chance to. To make her feel better, I told her she could go nuts at the candy store. Like magic, her pain was gone (and she ended up with a 1/2 lb of candy in her hand). I also promised her a trip to Toys R' Us. Hell, I was looking forward to making a trip to that store as much as the kid was.

But, we had some other business to tend to first. We were off to Alhambra for my rec league game.

Lauren didn't mind so much. She kept herself busy in the gym.

The funny thing is, the guys were telling me at the beginning of the game that I usually do pretty bad when "the agent" (the wife) is present at our games. But, we ended up doing really well. A 70-32 blowout win!!! I even ended up with 14 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast. The guys said my improvements were probably due to Lauren being present. Now, how am I gonna convince this kid to show up to the rest of my games?

After the game, we got a quick bite to eat at Noodle World. Lauren wanted to give her impression of her mom at the spa. She was out relaxing while we were with Lauren.

Now we were finally on our way to Toys R' Us where Lauren picked up another fake food toy. She loves this stuff. I'm hoping she becomes a food network star so we can meet Giana De Laurentiis. My agent was with me, so I left empty handed.

On the way home, I remembered that the Orange County Fair just got underway. So, being the cool spontaneous uncle that I am... I asked her if she wanted to go. A quick phone call to her mom, and we were on our way.

It took a couple trys finding a working photobooth, but we got some funny pictures made. Once I get my scanner working, I'll probably update this post with the pictures.

This has to be the hugest skateboard we've ever seen.

This girl was all about the petting zoo. It happened to have free admission. Bonus for the Aunt & Uncle!!!

Uncle Anthony, take my picture with the goat!!!
Nice headlock Lauren. Hopefully Peta doesn't find this.

She spent most of her time in the petting zoo with this Llama.

We even convinced her to go on the Chair Lift ride. Don't let the smile fool you. She was really nervous.


If there's cupcakes around... the wife will find them.

She wanted to pose with a ball of yarn. It's your day, kid... Knock yourself out!!!

This kid is deprived. She's almost 10 years old, and this is her very first funnel cake.
She liked it so much, she did away with the fork and went all in with her bare hands.

The kid takes pretty good photos too.

And for dessert, roasted corn!!!

This monster was in the parking lot. It's really important to have a gigantic truck with gigantic tires in Southern California. You never know when the next blizzard may hit Orange County. Or the next time you might have to race Grave Digger or Bigfoot on the 405 Freeway. Better safe than sorry.

Till next time kids... Peace Out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment